One of the much sought after comedy actor of Kannada cinema Bullet Prakash breathed last at Fortis Hospital on Monday evening. He was 44 years. He leaves behind his wife Manjula, daughter Monika Varshini and son Rakshak Sena.
A must actor for all super star films Bullet Prakash was very affectionate friend of challenging star Darshan. The friendship turned a bit cumbersome at one point of time. Now Darshan has not forgotten his friend Bullet Prakash. He has announced to conduct the marriage of Bullet Prakash Daughter.
A fatso actor Bullet Prakash had earned the closet friendship with Darshan and that had even got him a call sheet of Darshan sometime ago. In fact this announcement from Bullet Prakash disturbed Darshan career image. Yet Darshan has forgotten the old foes and come forward to help his friend family.
Bullet Prakash acted in over 325 films in a career spanning two decades. He was a tough competitor to comedy actors like Sadhu Kokila, Doddanna, Tennis Krishna and others. He has starred in almost all stars films in his career.
Bullet Prakash was admitted to hospital for gastric trouble a few days ago. Before this he had hospitalization for cutting down his heavy weight. He lost 35 kilograms of weight and that was the beginning of troubles for Bullet Prakash.
Besides acting leading good life Bullet Prakash was also partner to Kannada film ‘Aithalakkadi’.
Bullet Prakash was also in to politics. He switched from Congress I to BJP. Contested elections at corporation and legislature but was defeated.
www.chitratara.com reproduce an article – a chit chat with Bullet Prakash held in the year 2010 November.
I explain all Rasaleele and wrong doings in my life to my wife Manjula. I am trust worthy and honest. Here is what Bullet Prakash said one by one sipping Brandy like water, puffing cigarettes and munching the soft corn flake that is soaked in onion and lemon.
- I will come to politics. I use the backdoor. I make money and buy a home. From Rs.100 I make I spend Rs.50 to the people. See what V. Somanna today. He was caught as thief in Janatha Bazar. He is now worth crores. How this money comes. In today’s politics those who pack peanuts and kallepuri have become politicians.
- I lost elections three times. Lost heavily but saved at the last minute when the house came for auction. That is Mani who runs an oil refinery factory in Kumbalgod. He gives me cash whenever I ask. A few days ago he adjusted Rs.5 lakhs.
- There is another friend Mahesh Babu who gave me courage and money in difficult days for bread and milk. He made a forecast that I will do good name.
- I am not that educated. Passed 10th standard and first year electronics I was debarred when I tied the practical’s paper of my class mate. 13 subjects I failed. My father was asked to come to the college. The principal debarred me.
- Even before his usual 12 pegs Bullet spoke like real bullet oozing out from the pistol. He had the aversion. He had the aspiration to good by undue measures.
- He exposed himself and that way he claims he is honest and truthful. I drink, smoking 60 cigarettes now given up to gutka that is available in black market. For Rs.10 packet I give Rs.25 and consume 10 packets every day.
- With a few pegs inside his ‘Hande’ size Hotte Bullet remembers William Shakespeare – ‘Make an attempt but don’t miss to make an attempt’. I follow this. I am trying from my chaddi days. I was one among the 300 kids in ‘Shanthi Kranthi’.
- I am 33 today. My wife Manjula, Amma, daughter Monika Varshini and son Rakshak Sena are leading happy life.
- Politics Anna kithokothu and Cinema Anna Kodthu. There is lot of politics in cinema too.
- I am giving education to two persons already in my life and if I win from ‘Ithalakkadi’ I would give education to 10 persons.