PRIYAMANI PRIYA VAANI!
Posted date: 20/December/2009
An actress well informed with talent and beauty is a rare combination today. One such heroine is Priyamani a fluent Kannada speaking Tamilian who is rated high in four languages of South India. This national award winning actress for Tamil film ‘Paruthiveeran’ we catch up with her on Friday morning at the 37 Crescent Hotels in Bangalore. She had come to the media briefing of her first Kannada film ‘Ram’ opposite power star Puneeth Rajakumar that is hitting the screens soon.
We give you the abridged version of a chat with Priyamani:
- I could not have asked better than ‘Ram’ film role in my debut in Kannada. It is a great role and I have not done so far in my career of seven years.
- In 2002 I started my acting profession. 2004 was a breakthrough for me from ‘Paruthiveeran’. It ran for 300 to 400 days. It is not an art film or commercial film. Even ‘Theerakatha’ was also a variety filled role for me.
- In five years precisely I have done 20 films in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.
- I decide on the remuneration on the basis of marketability of films in respective languages. I know Kannada market is small. So pay packet is also small.
- I have done variety of roles and still looking for more meaningful and challenging roles.
- Apart from acting I have an eye on direction. That takes a long time because I have to get to know lot of things in heading the megaphone.
- I cannot pin point so and so film is my best film.
- Earlier to ‘Ram’ I got many offers but the roles were not gritty.
- I did psychology in my graduation and stayed in Bangalore for quite sometime. Knowing the language is important. I have not dubbed for ‘Ram’ Kannada film.
- My next Kannada film is opposite Golden star Ganesh. That is also remake of Telugu film ‘Kushi’.
- I have high expectations on ‘Raavan’ of Mani sir. It is made in Hindi and Tamil.
Kannada Cinema's Latest Wallpapers
Kannada Cinema's Latest Videos
Kannada Movie/Cinema News - PRIYAMANI PRIYA VAANI! - Chitratara.com
Copyright 2009 chitratara.com Reproduction is forbidden unless authorized. All rights reserved.