The controversies started with BC Patil claiming ‘Kaurava’ is his and Mahender clarifying on it in the beginning and the year ended with controversial statement on judiciary in ‘Anjaniputhra’ ending on happy note but producer MN Kumar suffering badly for stalling of six shows in over 250 theatres due to court stay order.
We give you detail report on the controversies that cropped up in 2017. Let us hope such controversies not come up again.
· Eradane Sala - Talented director, writer and humorist in his speeches Guruprasad abstained from the trailer and audio launch of his own film on Saturday.
· Eradane Sala called off, producer hits out director Guruprasad- 13 songs lifted for Eradane Sala, copy right act violation
· KHASANIS BROTHERS CHEATING -Trio from Dharward Harish, Sanjeev and Srikanth coming with a big bang to Kannada cinema industry. They are up to 10 Kannada films in this year.
· ANAND APPUGOL - In the later part of the year Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna producer Anand Appugol was also arrested in cheating case.
· KFCC divided head relief, it is Gowda Vs Govindu - The apex body Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce is divided in two parts. The fifty plus years Apex body ‘Karnataka chalanachitra Vanijya Mandali is headed by Sa Ra Govindu and the divided unit ‘Kannada Chalanachitra Vanijya Mandali’ is headed by Krishne Gowda with proper registration.
· Keep cool V Ravichandra, advice to fans - As the fans of V Ravichandran turned out in huge for launch of three films on Mahashivarathri day, they were upset on the film ‘Hebbuli’ that was released a day earlier. The reason for upset of fans is that the cut outs of V Ravichandran was missing and only Kichcha Sudeep was given prominence at Santosh and other theatres.
· Dubbing to Kannada, Vijayendra Prasad observation - On the dubbed Kannada films not permitted since 1960 as cultural policy the eminent writer and director V Vijayendra Prasad observes that ‘had Dr Rajkumar been alive, he would have granted permission to dubbing’. The present scenario is different to the day he thought on a movement against dubbing feels Vijayendra Prasad.
· Dubbed films entry, set theatres on fire - As the protest on dubbing has picked up from announcement of release of ‘Sathyadev IPS’ in over 60 screens on Friday, the protestors met at Bengaluru Press Club on Wednesday and announced that theatres screening dubbed films would be set on fire.
· Dubbed film in Kannada, poor response - The dubbed Kannada ‘Sathyadev IPS’ of Ajit, Trisha and Anushka Shetty of a Tamil film has got a very poor response on Friday. The film was not able to release in Bengaluru while the theatre list mentioned in other parts of Karnataka hardly five out of sixty theatres were able to release.
· Shiv on dubbing, stop other languages to Karnataka - There is no point in having dubbed films and non Kannada original films also hitting the Karnataka theatres. It should be either one.
· KFI rally on dubbing protest, law needed to stop it - The Kannada film industry personalities and Kannada activists took out a rally on Thursday and protested on dubbing of other language films to Kannada. The protest rally went from Mysuru Bank circle on KG Road to Freedom Park. It was a traffic jam for three hours in the busiest locality of Bengaluru.
· Musilm girl Suhana singing devotional, unnecessary controversy - A Muslim girl Suhana Syed two devotional songs on Hindu gods in Zee Kannada ‘Saregamapa -13’. Outside this platform the controversy is ballooning up because Suhana is Muslim and crossed her religion barriers.
· Stay on Mass Leader, director AMR Ramesh case - The release of ‘Mass Leader’ for August 11 with U/A certificate is not going to take place with the City Civil and Session court stay order on the film. The grouse of director AMR Ramesh is that his title registered in Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce ‘Leader’ is used in big fonts and ‘Mass’ is used in small fonts.
· Huchcha apology again, Venkat in Sankat The high drama again at apex Body Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce was seen on Tuesday morning. It was an emergency media meet convened by KFCC President Sa Ra Govindu.
· Money was paid, Arya Mahesh admits -The debut director Arya Mahesh was in perfect mood to put out his feelings, struggle and making of the film ‘Kolara’ at the pre release meet. mother of rowdy Thangam was contacted. Rs.25 lakh was demanded for making this subject. We have balance of Rs.1.5 lakhs admits director Arya Mahesh. Although it took three years to come on screen, 7th July is a big day for me in life he says. When the first contact was made with Thangam mother she declined to give permission.
· LEADER CONTROVERSY SOLVED A film under progress in the second production of Tarun Shivappa ‘Leader’ starring Dr Shivarajakumar was in title controversy. The justice has come to this topic on 20th of March from KFCC.
· Sudeep team faces complaint, TV shoot disturbance - Kichcha Sudeep and his team of ‘Varasdaara’ Television team faces a police complaint and a notice for disturbing the garden of the house they have acquired for shooting at a private house in Chickmagaluru.
· Dandupalya gang protest, give up food in Hidalga prison -While film on the real sufferings of ‘Dandupalya’ got released on Friday with the title ‘2’ the 11 inmates of Hildalga prison in Belagavi have given a letter to protest release of this film. The team of ‘Dandupalya’ decided to give up breakfast and lunch in protest.
· Pratham suicide drama, attempt goes viral in FB - Another big drama is from this youngster Pratham a chatter box with only achievement of ‘Big Boss 4’winner trophy. The sickness on account of petty quarrels he had with his friend Lokesh made him to take sleeping tablets and he made this attempt go viral by updating 20 minutes video clip in the Face Book.
· Bahubali 2 protest continues, KFCC President joins - Come what may come, we will not allow ‘Bahubali 2’ Telugu film release in Karnataka on April 28 says KFCC President Sa Ra Govindu. Sathyaraj has to take back his words made on Kannadigas and Karnataka. It is only after that the film will be allowed to screen in Karnataka. We have nothing against ‘Bahubali 2’. Sathyaraj is a part of the film and he should owe apology is the call given other Kannada activist groups on Thursday.
· Srinivasamurthy on award for Raju, Not take award - Veteran Actor of four decades, known for straightforward talks like veteran KV Raju made an observation that Raju should not receive SR Puttanna Kanagal award announced in his name. KV Raju earlier rejected BR Panthulu award.
· Tamil films in state difficult, Kannada films removed in Chennai - In the apology statement made by actor Sathyaraj to Karnataka people and Kannadigas, there has been quick response to it in Chennai. Perhaps the apology made by Sathyaraj is not liked by the Tamil Nadu filmdom.
· Kattappa bows, Sathyaraj apology - Tamil actor to bow before Kannadigas reading out apology letter for his statement made nine years ago.
· Writ on award rejected, state awards 2016 - On the day of presentation of Karnataka State Film awards for 2016 – the day of 89th birth anniversary of Dr Rajakumar a writ petition questioning the selection of awards was heard in High Court.
· Dhandupalya smooch, Pooja gets kiss from female - The lip to lip kiss was shot with another female character and what compelled to this situation is suspense as of now.
· Masthi Gudi tragedy, 78 in charge sheet - The 400 pages charge sheet filed by Magadi Road Police to JMFC Court on Friday makes popular actor Dhuniya Vijay as the prominent witness.
· Director Madan arrested, Eradu Kanasu director- Unhappy with the results in the box office the debutant director ‘Eradu Kanasu’ Madan has sets his eyes on bad publicity done for the film by an agency. For the amount he has remitted for the publicity, the right work was not done is his complaint. So what? Kidnap the advertising agency head Paramesh is the extreme step of director Madan.
· Meghana Raj dialogue controversy, first time for actress - there were protestors in front of her residence in Bengaluru shouting slogans for her dialogues in ‘Jinda’ Kannada film that is set for release in theatres next Friday.
· Brickbats on Avanthika Shetty, producer Suresh Innocent - the controversy of Avanthika Shetty ouster from ‘Raju Kannada Medium’ has now blown up and it has reached the court hall and KFCC with a case on producer of the film KA Suresh.
· Avanthika corrects, producer Suresh accepts - It was an amicable settlement in the presence of KFCC President Sa Ra Govindu and his team on one side and the producer KA Suresh of ‘Raju Kannada Medium’ with actress Avanthika Shetty on the dais on Thursday afternoon.
· We want site, it is for Vishnu Memorial Nagendra Prasad - The shift of Dr Vishnuvrdhana memorial from Bengaluru next to Abhiman Studio where he was cremated has been made to Mysuru outskirts on the request of Dr Bharathi Vishnuvardhana by government of Karnataka. Five acres of land has been registered for Dr Vishnuvardhana Memorial. It is a few months development.
· Venkat drama again, Suicide attempt - For the very poor response of his ‘Porki Huchcha Venkat’, he created hullaballoo. Attacked everyone including media for not supporting his film and later apologized for remarks.
· Nude scene cut in Dandupalya 2, Srinivasaraju upset
· Sanjana anger on Pooja, Pooja remained silent - At the success meet of ‘2’ Kannada cinema of director Srinivasaraju and producer Venkat the word ‘Insecurity’ used by Pooja Gandhi referring to Sanjana in a social media status obviously irked the actress Sanjana.
· Pratham ruckus again, bites Bhuvan co actor - on the sets of TV serial ‘Nanu Maththu Sanjana’ he picks up a quarrel with co actor Bhuvan. He bites Bhuvan on his leg. A case has been filed at Talagatpura police station.
· Brahmavar is fine, doubt cleared by actor - Reports hastily done by a section of media on the living condition of veteran actor Sadashiva Brahmavar has lead to confusion.
· Sanjana duped, Chit fund investment - The talented and promising actress Sanjana Galrani faces a setback for her investment of Rs.28 lakhs. In the last two years Sanjana was depositing on a monthly basis to Prasiddi Chit Fund situated at Malleswaram.
· Chetan draws protest, tension in meeting - was in for some setback for his statement on State BJP President and former chief minister BS Yediyurappa.
· Threat on my life, actor Chetan Kumar - He has received protest recently from BJP members on his statement of State BJP President BS Yediyurappa and Sutthur Math Swamiji.
· Athiratha faces trouble, Actor and activist Chetan Kumar (of Aaa Dinagalu fame) new release on last Friday ‘Athiratha’ faced stiff opposition from pro Hindu association for the actor anti stand on Hinduism.
· Social Media Social evil, Bharjari attack -A few persons from different parts of Karnataka getting in to the theatres where ‘Bharjari’ of Dhruva Sarja third film, most expected film was screened started with ‘Face Book Live’ holding the latest mobile to the big screen
· Pooja discard father – lives with mother - The Mungaru Male heroine Pooja Gandhi seems to have discarded her father Pawan Gandhi. The issue came up before the media when she was inquired on the cheque bounce case of her father Pawan Gandhi.
· Dharmasri Manjunath worried, Censor is troublesome - ‘Somebody save the Kannada cinema industry from the regional censor officer Srinivasappa trouble’. This is Dharmasri Manjunath making an appeal in the Kannada cinema industry to save the grace of producers from the hands of Regional Censor officer.
· Jaggesh, Simha dig at Rai, statement of Rai condemned - Prakash Rai (Raj) recent statement on the killing of Gauri Lankesh a leftist activist and editor of ‘Lankesh Patrike’ has irked the two prominent BJP personalities Navarasa Nayaka Jaggesh and MP Prathap Simha of Mysuru.
· Film on Gauri Lankesh, mother to sue for Rs.10 core - In the grief with the death of fond daughter Editor cum leftist activist Gauru Lankesh the noted director AMR Ramesh has come forward for making a film on the killing. The film making is strongly opposed by Smt Indira Lankesh mother of Gauri Lankeh. In case a film is made I would sue the director for Rs.10 corers say the elderly mother.
· Diganth upset, writes a letter - It is filled with lot of pain for character assassination. That is obviously for relating his name with Prajwal, Abhishek Ambarish name in the accident case of former TTD President Adhikeshavalu grandson Geetha Vishnu car accident in which Ganja was traced.
· Dr GK upset, may not take up government work - Padmasri Dr Girish Kasaravalli is upset on his half finished documentary on Vidhana Soudha as the talk of cut on budget for it is heard in the newspapers.
· K Manju upset on system - Noted producer K Manju is upset and angry with the prevailing system of regional censor officer Srinivasappa and the Book My Show system troubling his Kannada film ‘Sathya Harischandra’.
· Uppi relieved, land is legal - The Real Star and Super star of Kannada cinema Upendra facing legal hurdles for his Ruppi Resord of 17 acres and 10 Gunta is completely relieved as the court has passed verdict that everything is legally formed.
· No epic title Govindu - KFCC President Sa Ra Govindu has received number of complaints on the recent Sathya Harischandra Kannada film because of its content. The classic film of Dr Rajakumar in 1960’s ‘Sathya Harischandra’ that was later brought in color by KCN Gowda is insulted from the present Sathya Harischandra of Sharan in Dayal Padmanabhan combination of producer K Manju.
· Actors to politics is tragedy Prakash Raj, The pride in acting, producer, director Prakash Raj has taken on toppers like Rajanikanth, Kamal Haasan, Upendra and other actors who are in to politics.
· Banakar hits back, Umesh Banakar, Vice President of KFCC normally does not lose temper. On Wednesday evening at the audio release of ‘Arnyani’ Kannada cinema he was angry on two issues – posters restriction by Bengaluru City Corporation and rush of films in Kannada every week. The new guideline of BBMP (Brihat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) is not in support of Kannada cinema industry.
· Padmavathi in council, The controversial film ‘Padmavathi’ by Sanjan Leela Bansali has showcased the Rajput Community in bad taste is the complaint.
· Protection to Padukone parents, As the ‘Padmavathi’ Hindi film issue is blowing up and Rs.10 crore fixed for head of prominent actress of this sub continent Deepika Padukone by a section of people – the Karnataka Government Home Ministry has taken a right decision in extending protection to the family members of Deepika Padukone parents international fame Prakash Padukone and wife Ujaala in Bengaluru.
· Yash mild hit back on government, The rocking star Yash a great fan of Dr Vishnuvardhana has urged the government of Karnataka to take immediate steps to form the Dr Vishnuvardhana Memorial. It is long pending. In case the government is not interested as fans we have strength to build memorial for icon Dr Vishnu he pointed.
· Dr Raj Memorial low key activities, The Dr Rajakumar memorial in Kanteerava Studio spread out in 2.5 acres of land is not seeing developments according to the plan approved earlier by a committee.
· Bhat files case on Srinivas, The noted producer Kanakapura Srinivas of RS Banner is facing the litigation filed by noted director Yogaraj Bhat. When Yogaraj Bhat complained on this issue and written letter, it was KFCC made a settlement. As a result Srinivas released cheques in the name of Yogaraj Bhat for his balance of payment for ‘Dana Kayonu’.
· Prakash and Simha tiff, The top actor Prakash Raj has served a legal notice to Mysuru-Kodagu Member of Parliament Pratap Simha of Bharatiya Janata Party for alleged comments made MP Simha.
· Kirik Samyuktha Hegde, In her second film Samyuktha Hegde, second half heroine (post interval) of ‘Kirik Party’ has received brickbats from her second film producer Padmanabha of ‘College Kumar’. No need for actress like Samyuktha Hegde. She has not cooperated for the publicity. There was an agreement for it. She has not adhered to producer with excuse of another film shooting says producer Padmanabha.