It was a very sad end in Kannada filmdom of Dr Parvathamma Rajakumar in the year 2017. Ailing for sometime the leading lady of Kannada cinema, wife of Dr Rajakumar, producer of 80 films Smt Parvathamma Rajakumar has left a huge void.
In the year we have also lost a few more. The list goes like this. We pay salute to such people who left us.
· Om Puri passed way, acted in four Kannada films. The legendary actor of Hindi cinema Om Puri passed away on Friday at the age of 66 years was also very family for his stern roles in Kannada cinema. Om Puri was first seen with Naseeruddin Shah in Kannada film ‘Tabbaliyu Neenade Magane’ in 1977. After that he was seen only in1999 for ‘AK 47’ starring Dr Shivarajakumar and Dr Chandini in Om Prakash Rao direction.
· CRICKET SHANMUGA NO MORE - One of the character artists of Kannada cinema Shanmuga, alias Cricket Shanmuga passed away today. Cricket Shanmugha missed his chances to be in the Indian cricket team. He was introduced by actor, director and producer Kashinath in ‘Anubhava’. He has acted in over 60 films. Hendthi Andre Higirabeku, Golibar, Karulina Kudi, Curgew, Abhijit, Yuddakanda, Ssh…, Prema Jaala, Challenge, Kindara Jogi, Trinetra, Shanthi Kranthi, Vijayashanthi are some of his films.
· King Ravi no more, producer of 20 films - King Ravi from Tiger Prabakar films passed away on Tuesday night. King Ravi was joint producer for nearly 20 plus films in his career. He was closet to Tiger Prabhakar in the past. King Ravi produced films like Rangappa Hogbitna, Crazy Loka, Preethiyind aRamesh, Radhana Ganda and others with joint partner Dr CJ Roy of Confident Group.
· Padma Kumuta passes away, heart attack on sets of Mahanadi - Actress in character roles shot in to fame from ‘Chomana Dudi’ of 1975 Padma Kumuta passed away.
· Parvathamma Rajakumar no more, Pillar departs – May 31, 2017 - One of the most prominent ladies of Kannada filmdom, Dr Rajakumar wife – Smt Parvathamma Rajakumar breathed her last at 4.40 am on 31st May, 2017 after battling for life for 16 days at MS Ramaiah Hospital in Bengaluru. At Kanteerava Studio where Dr Rajakumar Memorial is formed, at the same place Smt Parvathamma Rajakumar will be buried today evening. Two eyes of Smt Parvathamma Rajakumar were donated like Dr Rajakumar eyes were donated after death.
· The legend of Indian cinema Dasari Narayan Rao passed away.
· Salute to exhibitor R Veeranna, donates eyes - A highly respected exhibitor R Veeranna, father of former KFCC President KV Chandrasekhar, KV Dhananjay, Supreme Court advocate and three daughters passed away recently. Veeranna aged 84 passing away has left a strong void. Even in his death Veeranna of Veeresh, Veeresh Mini and Vishaal theatres donated eyes to Dr Rajakumar Eye Bank.
· DHRUV DEPARTS DUMB-DEAF ACTOR CRICKETER - A very humble and well behaved with great knowledge in many fields Dhruv Sharma son of Dr Suresh Sharma a pharmaceutical businessman passed away today morning at a very early age. Druv committed suicide was shocking new in the later days.
· Veteran actor Gurumurthy no more, died of heart attack. He succumbed on the way to Rajasekhar hospital on Kanakapura Road.
· Shastry departs, 46 not age to die A day after the birthday noted singer, music director and humble human being LN Shastry passed away at his residence. It was prolonged lever cancer at the fourth stage bothered this ace singer of thousands of songs and nearly 25 Kannada films as music director.
· 2 dead in accident, TV artists Rachana and Jeevan - Two TV actors Rachana (23) and Jeevan (25) died on the spot and three others Karthik, Uththam, Honnesh, Ranjit and Erick all small screen actors are taking treatment at a private hospital.
· Lamboo Nagesh departs, highly talented actor - Just a few days after TV and cinema actor Gurumurthy, noted playback singer and music director LN Shastry passing away, another highly talented actor in small and big screen Lamboo Nagesh succumbing to multiple ailments at the age of 65 on Saturday at MS Ramaich Hospital.
· R N Sudarshan no more, RNR family last - The last one survived in the family of RNR sons – RN Sudarahan actor of Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam films died after a brief illness at Sagar Appolo Hospital on Banneraghatta road on Friday. The 78 years actor RN Sudarahan leaves behind his actress wife Shylasri.
· B V Radha no more, another legend departs - it was death news of another veteran actress BV Radha wife of late KSL Swamee. As per the wish of the actress, her body was donated to medical purposes to MS Ramaiah Hospital.
· Journalist Gauri Lankesh shot dead, it is shocking - Known for firebrand journalism from ‘Lankesh Patrike’ – editor Gauri Lankesh was shot dead from two unidentified persons in front of her residence in Rajarajeshwari Nagara busy residential locality of Ideal Homes. Gauri Lankesh is eldest daughter of illustrious writer and director P Lankesh, Gauri is elder sister of two Kannada film directors Kavitha Lankesh and Indrajith Lankesh. Gauri Lankesh did not enter the film field and remained as a strong author of a few books and her columns in ‘Lankesh Patrike’ were like storm.
· Sad end of Rakesh, he was Pappusi - A child actor shot in to fame from ‘Cheluvina Chittara’ in the ‘Bulli’ role Rakesh dies of gangrene. He has acted in 45 Kannada films. He was 21 years of age and he was intending to become a hero. Gangrene affected him at an early stage of life and he was taking treatment at St John Hospital in Koramangala.
· Poornima Mohan no more, director of Julie - One of the women directors in Kannada Poornima Mohan died of massive heart attack at 48. Poornima Mohan is from the family of KCN Empire of KCN Gowda who made several big films from a long time and considered as a biggest family.
· Revathi Kalyankumar wife of veteran actor Kalyankumar passed away at the age of 80 in Chennai
· Lyricist, music director love poet in Kannada cinema K Kalyan mother Smt Vijayalakshmi passed away at 80.