DR VISHNU - `YAJAMANA` OF KANNADA CINEMA ? ERA ENDS
Posted date: 31/December/2009
The sudden demise of super star of Kannada cinema Dr.Vishnuvardhana has come as a rude shock for everyone in the Kannada cinema industry and people of Karnataka. The Karnataka state is mourning for the death of another icon of Kannada cinema Dr.Vishnuvardhana.
Born on 18th September 1950 at Chamundipura in Mysore Sampathkumar was born to HL Narayan and Vishalakshmamma. He was in the family of four sisters and two sons. His brother Ravee also in theatre was an employee of ITI for a long time.
When Sampathkumar was 15 years his thoughts and feelings were different from others. He grew up later an independent. He had only four friends in the early part of his life. He was of the nature of giving life to a person whom he liked. Playing ‘Gilli’ was very much to his liking. When he was eight years he picked up a quarrel with opponents and in ‘Lagori’ game he was always pointed to hit from the ball.
Learning as much as possible and not hurting anyone was his childhood objective. When he is forced he was not doing anything. What is asked not to do he was taking up. A felt hander Vishnu was thinking more with two hemispheres.
Friendship was peak as he grew up in his life. He became a good friend of Amarnath who was rechristened as Ambarish from ‘Nagarahavu’. It is from this film Sampathkumar became Vishnuvardhana the name of king suggested by doyen SR Puttanna Kanagal.
- Vishnuvardhana started ‘Snehaloka’ a team of like minded friends. The team used to play cricket on second Sunday and from this they took up lot of social work.
- ‘APTHARAKSHAKA’ is his 200th film. In 37 years of career he played variety of roles.
- Social, historical, action, comedy, handicap roles etc he played with aplomb.Two films he played triple role. 14 films he played double role. He has acted in four Hindi, four Telugu, five Tamil and 2 Malayalam films – He was ‘Panchabasha Thaare’.
- Vishnu is no ordinary hero. He is too original an actor
- ‘APTHARAKSHAKA’ is his 200th film. In 37 years of career he played variety of roles. Social, historical, ction, comedy, handicap roles etc he played with aplomb. Two films he played triple role. 14 films he played double role. He has acted in four Hindi, four Telugu, five Tamil and 2 Malayalam films – He was ‘Panchabasha Thaare’.
- Some of the top films of Dr Vishnuvardhana are – Nagarahavu, Gandhada Gudi, Boothaiayyana Maga Ayyu, Devara Gudi, Kalla Kulla, Onde Roopa Eradu Guna, Bangaradha Gudi, Sose Thanda Sowbhagya, Sahodarara Savaal, Kittu Puttu, Galate Samsara, Hombisilu, Kiladi Jodi, Makkala Sainya, Biligiriya Banadalli, Madhuve Madi Tamashe Nodu, Guru Shisyaru, Avala Hejje, Sahasa Simha, Jimmi Gallu, Gandharva Giri, Bandhana, Aradhane, Nee Baredha Kadambari, Jeevana Chakra, Karna, Malaya Marutha, Karunamayi, Suprabatha, Hrudaya Geethe, Dr Krishna, Muthina Haara, Mathe Hadithu Kogile, Harekeya Kuri, Rayary Bandaru Mavana Manege, Nishkarsha, Samrat, Mahakshatriya, Halunda Thavaru, Thumbida Mane, Jeeva Nadhi, Laali, Veerappa Naika, Habba, Suryavamsha, Soorappa, Yajamana, Parva, Kotigobba, Jamindarru, Simhadriya Simya, Aptha Mithra.
- The recently released films in 2009 are – Nam Yajamanru and Ballari Naga. The films yet to be released are – Aptha Rakshaka, School Master.
- The love affair of Vishnu and Bharathi started at Mane Belagidha Sose at Balanna studio – Abhiman studio. This is where 2 acres of land the government has taken from Abhiman studio to donate it to Dr Vishnuvardhana Memorial. The Karnataka government has also announced Rs.10 crores for the memorial.
- Ganesh the present land owner of Abhiman Studio – son of veteran comedian Balakrishna has agreed whole heartedly to give 2 acres of land.
- Top star Rajanikanth in a telephonic chat said Dr Vishnu has been the inspiration for him. After watching ‘Nagarahavu’ in Sanjay theatre Bangalore. I thought of becoming an actor in life. I have acted with him in a few films. Sahodarara Savaal in fact was the occasion Vishnuji told that I would become a top actor one day Rajanikanth recalled.
- 2 persons died and many others were injured today. The national college ground was looking rain of fans coming to take a last look. Kotigobba, Yajamana, Simhadriya Sinha final rites is taking place today evening.
- 40 BMTC buses were injured and shops and establishments were closed in many places.
- Tamil stars Suhasini Manirathnam, Sarathkumar, Radhika, Mohan Babu, ace cricketer Anil Kumble were present at national college grounds.
Kannada Cinema's Latest Wallpapers
Kannada Cinema's Latest Videos
Kannada Movie/Cinema News - DR VISHNU - `YAJAMANA` OF KANNADA CINEMA ? ERA ENDS - Chitratara.com
Copyright 2009 chitratara.com Reproduction is forbidden unless authorized. All rights reserved.