‘Navarasa’ is major part of this cinema field and theater. With such a ‘Navarasa’ concept Manjunath Muniyappa in his debut film has made an anthology of nine topics and they represent ‘Navarasa’ is the beauty mixed with six lovely songs also touching up a few ‘Rasas’.
The title ‘9 Sullugalu’ that is also based on real life incidents released the audio songs and for the trailer of this film Karunada Chakravarthy Dr Shivarajakumar lent his voice.
Manjunath Muniyappa says he loved doing this film and remembers his friend Sooryanarayana (he is no more) who sent some amount to his account from abroad at the Covid time. This is the first capital for making the film and later friends joined in making the film. According to Manjunath Muniyappa all the Navarasas starts connecting each other as the film reaches the 2 hours and 14 minutes – in three minutes you find the full connectivity of ‘Navarasa’ he says a crowded gathering at Kalavidhara Bhavana. There are two main characters in the film.
For this film veteran artist Lakshmi Chandrasekhar had to run a lot and one day it was from morning 9 to afternoon 3 pm. After this rigorous role she had underwent knee operation.
It was the day of Pradeep and Praveen music directors of nearly 150 compositions in basic programs. Strong in light music and melody as forte the six songs bits were screened on this occasion.
· Eno Badava Rascal Ninage Kannada Baralva….sung by Rishab Shetty is sure to catch up very well and made precisely for November month. Vikram Vasishta is lyricist and he has contributed three songs for this film.
· Priti Araluva Hoovu….sung by Rajesh Krishnan
· Kadala Neeru….is sung by Vijayaprakash and Sathya is first time lyricist.
· Neene Beku…is sung by Chitan Vikas is in heavy metal category.
· Fifth song by mellifluous voice of Varijashri Venugopal Manase Manasina Manasa Nillisuvudu…
· Sixth song of the film is Nitya Haridwarnada Kananada …beautifully sung by Shashidhar Kote.
For the songs and trailer launch stylish director Indrajith Lankesh, Madhyama Academy President Sadashiva Shenoy and others took part in the long drawn out event conducted by Vinayak Joshi.
The 9 Sullugalu consists of 100 artists such as Pramod Shetty, Vinayak Joshi, Kari Subbu, Lakshmi Chandrasekhar, Sukrutha Wagle, Krishna Hebbale, Srinivasa Prabhu, Nandagopal, Sunethra Pandit, Supritha Shetty, Sunder Veena, Vilya Raghavendra and others.
Vikram Vasishta, Satish Bellur and Kiran Vipra lent lyrics for this film. Paramesh is cinematographer.